They say, “Nature is the Best Healer”. At Nisargopchar Ashram, Uruli Kanchan, the treatment is based on five natural elements i.e. Ether (Aakash), Sunlight (Tej), Air (Vayu), Water (Jal) and Earth (Prithvi).
A typical day at Naturopathy Centre starts at 5:00 am beginning with Morning walk and Breathing exercises. Yogaabhyas begins at 6:00 am which includes Surya Namaskar & various other Yogic Postures. There are several batches based on the age groups. Yoga session lasts till 7:00 am.
Then it is time for a walk in the Campus for around 30 minutes. At 7:30 am, they serve Kadha (delicious concoction of Milk, Jaggery & herbs like tulsi etc). A glass of hot kadha gives you enough energy to start your treatment session, which would last upto 10:30-11:00. Also you can enjoy a healthy glass full of Dudhi or Gajar Juice at around 8:30-9:00.
Treatments are decided for an individual on day-1 considering ones symptoms and complaints. Usually they include: Massage, Mud Pack, Enema, Tub-Bath, Steam Bath etc. Once you finish all these treatments, it’s time for lunch. Lunch is served from 10:30-11:30 am.
After lunch you have some leisure time; which you can either spend reading various books in the Library or exploring the nature. At 12:30, it is time for Neera/Coconut Water followed by something called as “Matti-Patti”; it is a mud filled bandage which we are supposed to keep on our eyes…cooling effect.
As per the rules of Ashram, we are supposed to observe silence from 1:15 to 2:45 pm. This is the time when you can take a nap after being tired of treatment sessions.
At 3:00, its time for Kadha again. Have a glass of kadha, stroll around and come back to have a glass of Mausambi or Carrot Juice before 4:00 pm.
You may have been recommended some more treatments like different kind of baths or packs; which you may finish by 5:00 pm. Freshen up and get ready for dinner at 5:30 pm.
Once you finish your dinner, you have free time up to 9:30 pm. You may spend this time walking around the campus, go out of the campus (before 7:30) to explore the village and buy few things or do whatever interests you.
Few points to remember:
1. Unless you are very good at Time Management, you may not be able to complete your daily schedule. There are fixed timings for almost everything, and you really need to juggle around, ensuring that you do not miss upon anything from your daily agenda.
2. Having said this, how much ever good you are, it will take at least a couple of days to settle down and make your own convenient schedule.
3. During your stay at Ashram, you are responsible for implementation of prescribed schedule. There is no one who is going to check with you or inform you that now you have to do this or that. It is you who have to reach the appropriate department at the appropriate time; if you do not, you simply miss on it.
4. Same is applicable for your diet. Doctors are going to recommend the diet you should take during your stay at Ashram. Now it is completely your responsibility to follow the prescribed diet. If you do not, no one will ever come to know; but on the flip side, you may not get the expected results too. It’s all about self control for your betterment.
5. Doctors are available in the Ashram morning & evening. But again, they will not come & check how you are feeling. If you have any complaints or symptoms, you need to yourself go and meet them. They might alter your diet & treatment schedule accordingly.
1. Weight Loss (assured)
4. Healing of various diseases starting from cold & cough to Asthama, Arthritis & Paralysis
If you like to do bird-watching, then this place might turn out to be one of the best bird-watching spots. We could click around 20 different species of birds. Do not forget to carry your camera!